The Canadian Nephrology Trials Network/Réseau canadien d'essais cliniques en néphrologie was established to improve the relevance, number, and quality of Nephrology clinical trials in Canada.
The goals of this Network are to:
- Promote a culture of collaboration within the Canadian Nephrology community
- Meet regularly to facilitate and promote discussion of clinical trial ideas, develop of trial protocols, identify and address barriers to recruitment
- Connect investigators with interested centres across Canada via a web-based system
- Develop central infrastructure of methodologists and coordinators to assist investigators in the development and conduct of multicentre clinical trials
- Promote, prioritize and facilitate funding of RCT’s through review and endorsement of protocols, and create local and national advocacy for high priority studies